Hi friends -- recently, a sweet mama bought a Pretty Please dress for her baby girl, Olivia, who will turn 1 in May. Olivia was born with a heart defect, and her mama expressed how perfect this dress would be for her "heart baby". Their story touched me deeply, and I began to read up on CHD (Congenital Heart Defect)...
Here are some facts about Congenital Heart Defect:
* 1 in 100 babies are born with CHD
* 1/3 are diagnosed in utero, 1/3 after birth, and 1/3 after the baby falls ill/dies
* the size of a newborns heart is the size of a walnut (pediatric surgeons need to do surgery on this for babies that can't wait)
* kills more babies in the first year of life than any other disease, including childhood cancer
* children with CHD may look fine, but their scars tell a different story and has been through more than any child should
Olivia has a Facebook page too that her mama has set up to help spread awareness about CHD. Please follow them HERE if you'd like to walk through this journey with Olivia and her family.
Needless to say, today is not just another Valentine's day, but it is also Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Day. CHD is more common than one might realize. I was not aware of it at all until Olivia's mom reached out to us. At Ele Story, we believe that every child is a gift, and that they deserve a fighting chance.
Which is why, on this "Day for Hearts," we will give 10% of all purchases made to help raise awareness and fund research for CHD through Children's Heart Foundation.
Thank you for your support of our small business, and for partnering with us in this small but tangible way. Let's help spread some ❤️!
Judy & the Ele Story team
P.S. If you have a story to share with us, and think that we can help tell your story, please feel free to email us at email@example.com. Thank you!